Well! It has been quite some time since I’ve posted here. An unplanned break, due to various goings on, but if you follow my Instagram (@thegirlwiththebob) you’ll know I am still alive and well!
I thought this would be a good opportunity to start afresh, and catch up on life and what I and this blog are all about. Hopefully if anyone here is new, this will be a chance to get to know the girl behind the bob a little better! So today I’m sharing 20 fun, key facts to know about me. Let’s get into it!
- In case you didn’t know, I’m a through and through Aussie! I was born and bred “Down Under” but made the move from Brisbane to Galway five years ago.
- The decision to move to Ireland was largely because my other half, Fergal, is a Galway lad…
- …BUT I’ve also been an Irish dancer for over 20 years, so being based over here was key for dancing opportunities. In fact, if you would like to see myself, Fergal and a very talented cast in action this Summer, come and check us out in the Black Box Theatre in Galway in Mise Eire The Show!
- If you’re from Galway, you may recognise my face from a few fabulous years working in Topshop, however last year I made the move to Brown Thomas. I work in Visual Merchandising three days a week and in Young Contemporary fashions two days a week. Consider me your go-to gal for any designer goods!
- Before I ended up in the thick of the fashion biz, I was a Drama school grad with her sights set on being the next Cate Blanchett, lol. I still love performing, but the fashion industry is where I want to be.
- I’ve had some form of a bob haircut since I was 17 (I’m 28 now, ugh) and I can honestly say I can’t see it changing anytime soon. There will have to be some heavy re-branding done if I do!
- Part of the secret to the bob sitting the way it does is due to the fact I’m a quarter Chinese! Love those Asian genes! I’m also a quarter Peruvian, Irish and of course, Aussie.
- My family are everything to me and I miss them so much living abroad! I’m heading home for a visit in August and cannot WAIT to see them all!
- My parents hugely influenced my taste in music growing up. I’d happily take The Cure, The Smiths or the Pixies over chart music any day!
- I am a CRAZY dog lady. A large chunk of my days are spent cooing over dogs I see around town and missing my little guy, Zeppelin, back home.
- I get style inspo from so many different people but favourites include Yasmin Sewell, Pandora Sykes, Megan Ellaby, Hanneli Mustaparta and Jeanne Damas.
- My top 5 Instagram accounts that I’m following now are: 1) @meganellaby 2) @maria_bernad 3) @adenorah 4) @weworewhat 5) @eloisejaksic
- My top 5 Youtube channels at present are: 1) Megan Ellaby (I’m literally obsessed with her) 2) Desi Perkins 3) Lustrelux 4) Shot From The Street (aka Lizzy Hadfield) 5) British Vogue (the ‘Inside the Wardrobe’ videos give me life!)
- Black used to be my all time, go-to colour but I’m back dabbling with bold hues and slightly louder ensembles (as I’m sure you can see from the outfit above!).
- You will rarely see me in short dresses or skirts anymore as I tend to opt for trousers or a midi skirt. In fairness, there are few days that the Irish weather allows for minis so that’s partly why!
- I have a long time love affair with jeans that will never die. At the moment, I am all about those straight legs and crop kick flares!
- My sweet tooth is out of control. Chocolate, cake, ice cream, sweets, biscuits… let me near them and I will literally eat them all!
- I know I look like a big girly girl, but I actually play a little tag rugby on the side. I’m no superstar, but I get on okay! And yes, I leave my bob down (or at least half up, half down) when I play haha.
- Winged liquid liner saves my life all day, everyday.
- And finally, I can touch my nose with my tongue. Literally. It’s just super long.
Just thought I’d end with the most random fact about me… Well, at least one of the most random anyway! Hope you enjoyed getting to know the girl behind the bob a little bit better. I’m happy to be back into the swing of all things blogging and look forward to sharing more with you soon!
Until next time…